Saturday, September 27, 2008

Great Beginnings

This is my new and hopefully exciting blog about the adventure of creating a comic. I was hired by LoS Comics to illustrate and layout the first installment of "the Path of Saguarrior" series. LoS Comics has already come out with two issues of Saguarrior which are in circulation locally (Murray, KY.) My story is separate from these two, considered a side story, but we'll talk semantics later on.

Here is the cover to the second issue for reference to what I'm working with... (This is not my work.)





















When given this opportunity, the first thing I did was look up technical "how-to"s. Just wanted to know the technical side of how to create a comic. But I cou
ldn't find squat! (excluding books I'd have to pay for) In response to this dilemma I decided to keep this blog as a comprehensive log of the process in which I attempt to create a professional, shelf ready comic book. With the help of my ink artist, Austin Madding, my color artist, Brad Elliott, and the story written by B. Charles Shelby, we will attempt to get our product on the shelves of comic shops across America.

So, if you're looking for instructional step-by-step on the process of creating a comic then this blog is for you. I'll post pictures and explanations of my steps along the way.

So, welcome to my Comic Quest. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: