After I read up on his origins I explained to my new employers what I thought of him. Mainly touching on the idea that he is a veterinarian and from that would assume that he cares for every living thing, animals probably more than humans... but every living thing none the less. Because there are only two issues out it would be really hard to misinterpret the ways of Saguarrior. However, with other established characters such as ole Wolvy, you really want to hit the nail on the head to impress your possible boss. Everyone wants to get their point across, and if you don't know what that point is your s.o.l. Sketches to help further your idea for the employers character is a must!
I only brought a few considering the circumstances, but for big companies I'd suggest at least 2 full bodies (front and profile) with at least 10 different expressions, and anywhere from 2-3 action shots of the main character you'll be working with. As a bonus I also brought 2 sketches of a possible bad guy I came up with. Don't over whelm your employer, just show them that you are excited to be working on the project.
Here are 2 sketches of Saguarrior, one of him in an action pose and another of 2 expressions. The next one is just a concept for a silly bad guy that might be fun to play around with. Make sure you always include a color sketch as well, just a good idea to have one.


No comments:
Post a Comment