This is what I got.
I read the short description of his background. Disgruntled worker gets blown up at a chemical plant while working after hours. The explosion turns him into burning flesh / x-ray skeleton thing who is constantly burning. That was the basic jist. So instead of the tribal loin cloth he is wearing I switched it with a half burnt up hazmat suit. Other than that I just tightened up the skeletal structure, took away his jaw (in the writer's story) and stylalized the flames a tiny bit.
This is my sketch.
Just to be thourogh I cleaned up the blue and had my color artist (Brad Elliott) do a rough coloring. In the final version we'll add a few things and change the colors a bit, but it was nice to take our sketch a few steps further, just to impress the higher ups. Typically you won't choose your color artist but because of the smaller project I got to choose my partners for the visual aspect of the comic.



No comments:
Post a Comment